Lodown

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hold me closer Tony Danza

I was driving home from work last night singing to the radio, and misheard a simple lyric. It made me smirk. So I thought I would post some lyrics I have frequently misheard. There are many more, but I can't think of them right now. The first one is an entry by my little friend Sophie.

Actual lyric: Save big money at Mendard’s
What Sophie heard: There’s a big bunny in the yard

Actual lyric: Whenever I’m alone with you,
You make me feel like I am free again.
What I heard on my way home from work: Whenever I’m alone with you,
You make me feel like I am three again. (The Cure)

Actual lyric: Searching for my shaker of salt
What I still sing outloud: Searching for my long lost chickersaw (Jimmy Buffet)

Also by Jimmy Buffet: Stepped on a pop top
What I thought it was: Stepped on a tart pop

Actual lyric: Another Saturday night
And I ain't got nobody.
I've got some money
'Cause I just got paid.
What I like better: Another Saturday night
And I ain't got nobody.
I've got some money
'Cause I just got laid. (Cat Stevens)

6 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger David Oppegaard said…

    this has happened to me on countless occasions, Alex. Good work.

    Also, you and your blog picture look totally different. What's up with that? It's like your incognito after ripping off a bank or something.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Sam Cooke does the "saturday night" song in it's original version.

    I love that song.

    Wouldn't the song be about NOT having money if you just got laid?

    Just checking.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    I take full responsibility for your blogging addiction, by the way. I'm delighted to have infected you with my obsession.

    *mwah*

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger David Oppegaard said…

    sorry. I meant "you're" as in you are.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    David, such the meticulous writer -- coming back to correct your errors. . . Delightful!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    I chose that photo for precisely that reason my dear David. It is my other personality, Vacation Alex.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home