Lodown

Monday, March 27, 2006

Swimsuit season

I don't know what it is about marriage and weight gain. It's not like I am cooking any more than I ever have, heaven forbid. And the whole thing about contentment leading to extra pounds is a bunch of bologna (mmm, bologna). I am more stressed out than ever, with school and thesis and job and furniture shopping...the pounds should be dripping off me! But no. I have gotten bigger everywhere (and not in a good way) since the day we said "I do."

I thought I had four months to get back into my fighting weight. Four months, that’s do-able. I can cut out cookies after lunch and pastries with my coffee and feel somewhat presentable by the time capri weather hits. But then my husband sprung a three-day Daytona Beach weekend on me. Can you believe the nerve? In less then four weeks, I have to don a swimsuit. In public.

Sigh. Since the Jones-Blogagaard Annual Writers Run is not yet scheduled, I can’t count on that as my motivator. I must think of something else. Apparently, the horror and humiliation of wearing a two-piece in front of friends and strangers is not enough. Oh yeah, and did I mention we are going on family vacation (there are like, a 1000 people in my newly acquired family) to a WATER PARK?!

No more butter on my toast. No more toast. No more hazelnut cream in my morning decaf. But I won’t give up my Frosted Mini-wheats Strawberry Delights no matter what you say. I love those things.

I’ll be on the treadmill if you need me.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Good luck, sweetie. The size of my ass has reached critical and I can't even blame it on a husband. I haven't had a date since October!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Yeah, and that photo? Giving me nightmares during my Robitussin induced nap times.

    Ewww.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not to worry, Alex. You look fine. Weight is a strange thing. Every time I feel like I've gained weight, people tell me how good I look. And when I feel like I've lost weight, everyone's like, "Alright, Dan, letting yourself go...way to go, man!"

    People/life/weight/everything is weird. Don't give up your toast.

    And way to use 'fighting weight.' I thought I was the only one in the world who uses that phrase in casual conversation. :-)

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i don't know what i can add to the discussion of your weight and shape, but the pic of the musclewoman in bikini has ruined my day. ruined it.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Um, so are you all saying I shouldn’t work toward emulating this particular image of feminine beauty and strength then?

    Ok. Back to buttered toast it is.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger One in a million Saras said…

    They say freshman 15, but they say nothing about newlywed 30. There must be a lot of calories lost on the prowl...

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Dang, is that what it is saras? Guess I'd rather be fat then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home