Lodown

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Spooky

Yesterday my friend from Israel IM'ed me asking if I wanted to meet in Europe sometime before September 20th. I checked prices and the cheapest was to London. I thought, hey fun, I haven't been to London in a long time. The only time I could go was the weekend of the 8th, which would have put me back on a plane to the US on September 11th. Yes, the thought did cross my mind, but I quickly dismissed it. I am from Israel after all, we don't live in fear. Too much.

I was about to purchase my ticket when I decided I really just could not justify the expense on such a whim. What with my student loans looming on the horizon and all.

Then I saw the news. I don't mean to be dramatic, but all night all I could think of is that it is entirely possible that being cheap has once again saved my life. Just a thought.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Geoff Herbach said…

    Scary world, Lo-down. My dad repeatedly has his afro-pic confiscated by airport security. This troubles him. It makes me feel better (not that he'd use it, but someone might five-prong the back of some pilot and take the plane).

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Wow. I'm really glad you're cheap. Scary business, going out the door in the morning, huh?

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    Be cheap be safe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home