Lodown

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Oh it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

What a weekend. Visions of shiny new cars, cans of cheap beer, and the Lit 6 roommates dance in my head. It was a weekend so full of ingenuous creativity that I feel so…do I dare say it? Hip. I feel so hip I may have to go to Target tomorrow and get a black turtleneck. I buy everything at Target lately. Have you seen their new furniture lines? Seriously, it’s great stuff. But I digress. So…creativity. Yes. Mind you, none of said creativity was mine. I did absolutely no writing whatsoever this weekend. But I listened to great writing, and I think that counts.

Really, the shows were great.

Saturday night we went to the Lit 6 show and it rocked. It was hilarious, quirky (but in a good way), clever (also, in a good way) and above all, thoroughly entertaining. It was particularly great to see Sam, looking so svelte I barely recognized him. Seeing him brought back many memories from my first few steps in grad school. But that’s for another day.

Tonight I ventured out to see Dan Hendrickson’s one-man show at Acadia Café in Minneapolis. Also funny and thoughtful. AND, he quotes Journey. There can never be too much usage of Journey lyrics in theater as far as I’m concerned.

Oh, also, my husband and I went to the car show and checked out some possible options for me. I would love to make Leonardo DiCaprio happy by getting a hybrid, because it’s good for the planet, plus I think he’s dreamy, but I am a poor writer. So it will probably be a Saturn. Still, I am psyched to get a new car. I love new things. I live for change. Three years max. I am the best candidate for a leasing program because I tire of everything quickly. Just ask my ex-husbands.

Tune in tomorrow to learn which car I chose. This is important stuff people.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Voix said…

    The tension is totally killing me.

    Bring it on!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alex,

    Thank you for the shout out! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you post-show. You picked up the Journey quote? I'm impressed! It was an interesting night. Tres' interesting, indeed!

    Thanks again for coming out!

    Dan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home