Lodown

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

I know I've been MIA and I have no excuses. So there.

Just wanted to say that today is my 40th birthday. Last night a friend said, "enjoy the last few hours of your 30's" and it hit me like a ton of bricks. A new decade. Shit.

This is the first birthday I truly wanted to spend in bed with the covers over my head. But I didn't. I went to my prenatal yoga class and then to lunch with my family. We went to Yum! in St. Louis Park. Go there. Have the egg salad sandwich. You'll thank me.

Then I took the dog for a walk to my favorite coffee shop, stopping several times along the way to take phone calls from friends. I have the best friends in the world. They don't think it's so awful that I'm old now. I love them so.

Tonight my husband has even offered to go see a chick movie with me. Now that's love. This weekend he is taking me to Bluefin Bay for some R&R. I cannot wait. I assume it is the last vacation I'll get for the next 5-1o years.

Birthdays are good. It's good to be alive. I am going to say that over and over until I believe it.

Happy day to all.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Lucas said…

    Happy Birthday to YOU!
    Happy Birthday to YOU!
    Happy Birthday dear Alex!
    Happy Birthday to YOU!

    It is good to be alive and here is something that might make you feel better.............
    you are so much smarter now than you were in your 20's. Remember that stupid girl? Look how far you've come!!! Older? Yes. Smarter? YES! Still sexy? HELL YES! Celebrate yourself Alex. You deserve it!

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger David Oppegaard said…

    Whoa, I can't believe I checked on your blog the day you returned to posting! Sweet.

    Happy Birthday, we here at Blogagaard miss you.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Citizen said…

    What a great birthday treat! Welcome back to Blogland!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Congrats on that pre-natal thing! (I'm guessing that was your way of announcing. . . Or maybe I'm wrong...)

    Happy happy 40th. You have the same birthday as my sister. That's awesome.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    Happy happy birthday to youuuuu!!!

    I saw the same chick movie with my sweetie last night! (Actually my wife sweetie AND my daughter sweetie - and I did notice a definite LACK of other males in the theater).

    I laughed and laughed, though! I think you NEED to be 40 (or pretty close) to get many of the cultural allusions and references to the 1980's in that movie.

    Anyhoo - so glad to see your post and to hear that you are doing well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home