Lodown

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Holidays

Thanksgiving is over and the shopping season has began. We have nine, count 'em, nine children to buy for. No, wait, ten. I forgot the godchild. This does not include the adults we buy for or any of my family. If my husband's family keeps reproducing at this rate, we will need to take out a second mortgage next Christmas. But it is fun to shop for others, wrap the presents in big ribbons, and see their little faces when they open that Dora the Explorer movie they asked for.

We (and by we, I mean, my husband) put up our new tree. It is fake and came with its own lights and pine cones. Say what you will about the tradition and natural beauty of real trees, this tree rocks. It is our first tree even though we've been together four years. And now our house feels like a home.

After two funerals in one week, I am thankful for good health, family and friends, and watermelon. Don't ask.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Geoff Herbach said…

    Where did you get that tree, lo down? I'm in the market for easy, clean, simple, pretty, lo commitment, large impact, etc... (I'm talking about xmas tree).

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    To watermelon! [sound of glasses clinking in a toast]

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Herby- Target, 99 bucks. It's called a slim cashmere tree. It's lovely. Very high impact but fits in our tiny house.

    To watermelon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home