Lodown

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thesis Update


Two days into it, I have two whole pages written. BUT! I have spent most of the time organizing and outlining and thinking and I believe those are all legitimate and important tasks so there. I am also trying to work on my run-on sentences, because I am told that is a problem for readers, so I hope I can break that nasty habit before the first draft is due, but don’t count on it.

Actually, I am pretty excited. Yesterday I started solidifying a plan and creating an outline, and I think it’s going to be ok. Tell me it’s all going to be ok…

Tomorrow, if I am brave, and if I remember, I will post a short story that may or may not eventually end up in the collection.

In other news: If you miss David and Herbach half as much as I do, come down to the Soap Factory on Friday. Dave and Geoff will be doing a reading along with other authors.

Friday, July 7th at 8 PM.
Outside the Soap Factory
518 2nd St. SE Minneapolis, MN

Admission is FREE.


5 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    Organizing and outlining DO count!

    Thanks for posting about the Soap Factory, too. I was planning and planning to come but now my family duties have called me away.

    Shout "WOOO WOOO!!!" for me if you go!!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    I was reading your blog while you were reading mine! How cute are we?

    Seriously, you won't be there? What if I give you a dollar? What if I hold my breath?

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Rand, dude -- bring the kids. It will be awesome. You can't miss it.

    And Alex -- AWESOME work. Every page counts, as do organizing and outlining.

    Keep it up, sister. Just keep it up.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    Oh, guys, this is killing me...I am called away, to the family cabin up north with scads of relatives and no Soap Factory and no Lit6. I've already done daddy time at home this summer once, and let's just say that, using my superior powers of inference and emotional sensitivity (something we hetero men are known for) I have determined that going away with the family is a good thing for my kids and my marriage. It just sucks that the timing is all wrong.

    Gotta keep those home fires burning, guys. 17 years of marriage this summer - like old people or something....

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    So you are picking your family over us? What kind of man are you? I don't even know you any more.

    Love, have a wonderful time with La Familia up north. We'll report back from the Factory.

    Word Verification: mywgrrls
    I kid you not. What do you think the W stands for?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home