Lodown

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Good News

Our friend is back at home after a couple of days of being poked and prodded. Turns out, they believe she suffered from a neurological migraine. She doesn’t remember having a headache, but evidently, these migraines can mimic signs of a stroke. Scary.

It is amazing what the body can do, and put us through. We are just so glad to have her home. Another friend and I are headed over there, armed with Sex in the City videos, chocolate malts, and Shannon Olson’s novels Welcome to My Planet and Children of God Go Bowling.

Thanks for all the good thoughts…and bathtubs full of Whiskey.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    This is such good news. On the same day you posted this the primary care docs thought my daughter had appendicitis - I was worried worried. But my daughter is now fine, too.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Lucas said…

    Alex,
    Thank goodness! Glad all is well. You are a good friend. I'll know who to call next time I have a crisis! ;)

    Rand,
    I LOVE the new photo!!! Much better than the guy with the tie.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Lucas, there doesn't have to be a crisis, we don't need an excuse for chocolate malts.

    Rand, I am so glad your little one is ok. I cannot imagine. And I like both photos :)

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    You gotta be kidding me. A neurological migraine? What in God's name is that?

    I tell you...with the multitude of things that can lay us low I sometimes think it's a wonder any of us are up and walking around at all.

    I'm so happy to hear that your friend is better now. It sounds like it was a scary couple of days there.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Voix said…

    Isn't it amazing how modern medicine can be so advanced and at the same time know so little?

    That is why prayer is good. It makes you feel like there is something you can do when you're helpless. But that is just my opinion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home