Lodown

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

When Charlotte Comes Home


I am reading When Charlotte Comes Home by Maureen Millea Smith and it is beautiful and so devastating that I need time to process it before I can tell you about it.

All I can tell you is that I am not a big reader, not like the rest of you. I have a hard time reading so I don't do it as often as I should. Plus, I rarely find that book. You know, that book that sits on your shoulder like a little buzzing bird as you go about your day, that story that keeps calling to you until you can pick the book back up in the evening. This is such a book for me, so if you want to, pick it up. Be moved, be haunted, and support local authors all in one swift move.

More later...

9 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Lucas said…

    I just finished my last book and am looking for another to start. Thanks for the recommendation. I hope they carry St. Paul authors in Salt Lake City. BTW, hope to see you again someday when I'm back in town. Let's do lunch! But seriously, let's do. OK?

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger David Oppegaard said…

    My agent represents that author, Alex, and sold the book. Also, Maureen is a Hamline grad.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Yep Bloggy, you are correct. Sheila is having us read all local authors. When Charlotte Comes Home is, by the way, amazing.

    Lucas, you are so on.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Voix said…

    Yay Hamline grads getting book deals!

    Alex, you read blogs a lot, don't you? That counts, doesn't it?

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    I do read blogs! Thanks Michele. Also, I read Cottage Living and InStyle. Does that count?

    Today I am reading Shannon Olson's Welcome to My Planet. Nice read.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    I'm going to look for that book.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger David Oppegaard said…

    And Shannon Olson is from St Olaf. I've met her.

    hahaha!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    Hmmm. This seems like a pretty tight little community of upper midwest authors.....

    Coordinated by the power-wielding puppet-master - CHAIRMAN BLOGAGAARD!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Shannon Olson rocks. She visited our class on Tuesday and she is very down to earth and funny. I worked with her a little when I had my intership at the Loft and she is just a cool cat.

    Rand! Where's the tie? You look smashing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home