Lodown

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

A recent, and rather disturbing revelation by Blogagaard, has got me thinking. What are you all listening to these days?

We got XM radio for Christmas from my in-laws, who unfortunately live in Iowa. It makes the three plus hours drive much more tolerable when you can flip easily between a station dedicated to Frank Sinatra, salsa mui caliente, European top 80’s, and CNN. Now we’ve moved it indoors, and it’s a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

David, you know I kid. Now go put on some Beatles or Lyle Lovett or Elvis, or at least Nora Jones or something. Sheesh.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    I posted about this today! I'm listening to the Dixie Chicks this week.

    Go ahead. Mock me. At least I'm honest.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    I think blogging is all about how much we can love and mock each other all at once.

    Now how about listening to some Morrisey?

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    "Panic on the streets of London...panic on the streets of Birmingham...Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Ha-ang the Dee-Jay...."

    I only like Morrisey with the Smiths - probably because I am a guitar nerd and Johnny Marr is AWESOME.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger David Oppegaard said…

    Lyle Lovett, Alex?

    Lyle Lovett?

    I think my head is about to explode.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    Lyle Lovett does do a fascinating cover of Loretta Lynn's "Stand by your Man..."

    Opening lines..."Some times, It's hard... to be.. a woman...."

    Holy crap, this guy was married to JULIA ROBERTS....

    OK, I'm with you, Bloggy, now MY head is exploding...

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Try Lyle's song "God Will" it's freakin' hilarious!

    Dixie Chicks?! Rand...darling. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home