Lodown

Monday, May 15, 2006

The most bizarre coincidence ever

So last night my husband and I were pulling away from our house on our way to dinner. We were in the back of the house, and right there on the open grass behind the lilac bushes, was a purse. I grabbed it hoping there would be an ID in it. Inside there was no ID, but instead the contents made it clear that it belonged to our friend who lives a block away. No names, just items I knew belonged to her. “How strange,” we both commented. “Maybe they stopped by and this fell out of their car.” We drove over and since they were not home, we left it inside the front porch and called their cell.

Turns out, they had not stopped by and we could not figure out how her bag, which was last seen inside their house, ended up in our back alley. Upon further inspection, they realized they had been burglarized. Only cash, two credit cards, and the purse were missing, but the house had clearly been gone through.

Besides the very sad and disturbing break-in, we are all freaking out about the odds of her purse ending up in OUR backyard. If it had ended up anywhere else, no one would have been able to trace it back to them, they would not have noticed the cash missing, and the rotten bastards who did this would have racked up bills on their credit cards.

Weird ha?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Voix said…

    Wow. Good thing you brought it over there! Very cool of you. I want you to be my neighbor. Will you move to Minneapolis, please?

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Rand said…

    NO! Alex must stay in St. Paul. We need good citizens like Alex and her spouse in our fair city. Even though we don't deserve it because we have torn up her streets for months and put a big orange dumpster in front of her house.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Sorry Voix, I LOVE my fair state city. Did I mention I first took the cash out of the purse? Just kidding.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home